When it comes to choosing if you want a purebred dog or a mutt there are pros and cons on both sides.
- You know for sure what their breed is
- You have a better chance of determining their size
- You can know for sure if they are hypoallergenic or not
- Costs more money than mutts
- You won’t have the fun of guessing their breed
- If you don’t get a purebred from a shelter then you won’t be saving a dog’s life
If you want to pay less for a purebred dog then you might want to check out your local shelter. Did you know that 1/3 of dogs surrendered in shelters are purebreds?
- You can have fun guessing your dogs breed
- You have saved a dog’s life if you adopted it
- You have a mutt, the combination of many dog breeds, that is very unique
- You don’t know the dogs ancestry for sure
- You probably don’t know the size your dog will be
- You don’t know if you may end up being allergic to them or not
Thanks for reading!